New Orleans trivia quizzes are designed as a fun way to learn about one of the most fascinating cities in the world. Rich in tradition and culture, New Orleans is known as the festival capital of the United States. The culture, customs, and many traditions celebrated throughout the year started long before US statehood, which makes the city genuinely unique.
This first quiz tests your knowledge of Mardi Gras and that includes king cake, baby!
See my other posts about Mardi Gras and king cake and another about how to catch throws at a parade. Head over to Goodreads to take the New Orleans Trivia multiple choice quiz. For a heads up, the questions are below.
How’s your knowledge of New Orleans’ culture?
Bonne chance! Good luck!
1. What is the first day king cake is traditionally eaten in New Orleans?
2. What does the New Orleans king cake symbolize?
3. Other than a plastic baby, what else is known to be hidden in king cakes?
4. Mardi Gras is an official holiday in which of these states?
5. Who chose purple, green, and gold as the official colors of Mardi Gras?
6. What do the words Mardi Gras mean in English?
7. What happens when you find the plastic king cake baby inside the cake?
8. What New Orleans Carnival krewe uses a bean and “mock wooden” king cake to choose their queen?
9. At a new Orleans Mardi Gras parade, the following may be caught from floats.
10. Where can you go to sample the best variety of Louisiana king cakes?